Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Calvin's Quilt

I finished my first-ever quilt. I work well on a deadline. It took 16 hours, 3 non-consecutive days out of one week to get this completed. Organic batting, designer fabrics, and homemade binding complete this baby quilt. Sally (mom-to-be) looooooves it, she says, and it is on her own bed until Calvin is born. I feel so very accomplished and look forward to actually finishing the two other quilt tops just sitting around waiting to be completed.It measures approximately 42" by 54"


Here is the back - and Mr. Mo tripping out on it, of course.

I'll leave you with this wonderful shot of Mr. Mo Belly. He plopped himself right down on my quilt during the photo session. Over the course of the marathon sewing on Saturday, I had to lock him in the bedroom TWICE so I could get things done without him jumping on the quilt, squeezing under the quilt mid-stitch, stealing pins, hitting around bobbins, and just acting out general mayhem all over my crafting area. I probably took 30 or 40 photos during the process, and his foot, or wisp of a tail, or blurred body are in over half of them! But I still love this little (getting bigger?!) pink belly of his:

2 comments:

Monkey loves Kitten said...

Those fabrics are so beautiful. I really love the white with green birds. So cool, you!

American Quilter's Society said...

This is so cute! Thank you for sharing your lovely blog; keep up the great work, we look forward to seeing more from you in the future.

www.aqsquiltnews.blogspot.com