Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Being crafty again

When I lived at home as a teenager and after I moved out, I made all kinds of things - weird purses, corduroy pants (that I wore constantly), skirts, shorts, blankets, pillows.. then I just stopped. Well, I am pleased to announce that I am ultimately and fully obsessed with sewing again! It's been about a decade. I don't quite know why I stopped, but I won't allow myself to do that again. I am currently making a quilt with a group of awesome crafty friends, and this is only the beginning! I have so many ideas floating around in my brain. So now I need to start saving money for fabric as well as saving for my far-off dream of traveling out of this country. I think my first attempt will be to cover those blank pillows that I purchased years ago that have been stuck in their plastic jo-ann's fabrics bag ever since. Also, I have a pair of pants that are a tad too short that need a bottom cuff so I don't look like I'm waiting for a flood.

I don't think I'll create another blog for my crafts, just because I'm really not sure how much I'll be making and because I hardly blog on this as it is.

These are the four quilt blocks I pumped out last night in an hour. Who knew I could do it so quickly?! It definitely brought my confidence back (even though the pattern is super duper beginner). The fabric is Kathryn's and these blocks will go to her so she can incorporate them into our first compilation quilt. I'm excited to start being crafty again!! Maybe I'll also pick up my poetry that has also been left by the wayside..

3 comments:

Sara said...

They look great!

Kat said...

Hooray for quilting! I love those blocks, you did such a great job on them. We'll have to do some fabric swapping to build up our stashes, I'm just starting to sew again, too!

amy Woolace said...

Hey, we'll have to hang out and see what we can stitch together. I have tons of fabric, yards and inches...let's sew!